Commodore 64 (The Good Old Days)



Does "The Last Ninja" ring any bells?! what about Summer Games? no maybe Curse of the Azure Bonds... or Nemesis.. no, maybe Hero... These are all great good old games from the mid and late eighties...

I'm having an adrenaline rush just thinking about the good old days of Sakher, Synklaire, Apple and the best of the best in those early days the "Commodore 64"....

Now me and my brothers had a nasty addiction to Commodore 64 games... on Wednesdays (school vacation was Thursday and Friday back then), we would all get some (Ammunition or tha7'eira which is code name for Food :) and stay awake all night "literally all night" playing one of those group games where everyone gets a turn, like summer games... Of course our parents didn't like that but we always managed to get around that issue... with a sad naive look on our faces...

The sound and music offered by Commodore 64 was at that time the best thing ever... We would go to sleep at 7 am... someone always pretended to be sleeping then would come back to turn on that old C64 with the good old floppy disks and have the time of his life alone with (Curse of the Azure Bonds or The Last Ninja)...

I remember the time me and my kid brother had to sneak out of the house one day, we went to Shemeisani to buy a cool new game from a sakher PC store... We were saving up those 15 JD's for ages ofcourse.. It was night time and we were not allowed to go out by ourselves and taking a taxi from Khalda to Shmeisani was the ultimate adventure but the new Rambo Game was worth it...

Anyway, I love the Internet, I couldn't believe it when I found out there were so many websites offering the good old games.. all you have to do is search and thousands if not millions out there are ready to share those games on your IBM PC... No more Green Screens, no more Cassettes and no more Huge floppy disks...

"Those were the days my friend..."

تعليقات

‏قال غير معرف…
The Commodore 64!! I loved Summer Games. I also had Winter Games and Sesame Street Counting. I even won an award from my 2nd grade teacher (The Whiskers's Good Citizen Award) for teaching her how to load the Commodore! You brought back some great memories- Thanks!
‏قال Bilalٍ
Wow!!Commodore 64..The best games machine ever. I would like to find a game called "Magic Miner"
‏قال M Kilany
Emily,
you're more than welcome... do you still remember how to load the games... cause there are emulators on the internet that bring back the same blue screen and you can relive the experience and play the same old games today on your PC... cool huh... Have fun..
‏قال M Kilany
Bilal,

you can try www.houseofgames.net dig and find... not everything is listed but there is a good collection...
‏قال M Kilany
ok check this out: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/c64/help.html

Enjoy...
‏قال غير معرف…
Hi M Kilany,
This is a little weird to ask but are you Nabeel and Ameed Kilany's brother?
If so, then I am sure you remember our commodore 64 days back in old times. Those were irreplaceable days.
I hope you are doing well, and so is your family. It has been years since I last saw you. Take care and I hope we can stay in touch

Best regards,
Ziad
‏قال M Kilany
Ziad ya man... Yes its me...
It's been ages... how can I forget... I remember "Barbarian" :) and all the other games... Now Sameir was great at that game!! send me an email on mkilany at yahoo ya mo3allem... We have alot to catch up on... I remember the flying slap on the back of somebody's neck znnnnnnnn....

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Destroying A King's School in Jordan (Built in 1947)

When did Jordan become a country?

زمن الحمير و مكافآت دائرة السير بمناسبة الغلاء